Friday, March 16, 2012

[Redacted]

Okay, so, as I glanced over my repertiore of Yahoo Answers, I noticed something annoying: one of the questions I had answered had been deleted. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised, because the user was basically asking about where to access copyrighted material for free.
The thing is, I felt like I handled the question really well. I found Martha Stewart's website had a few of the recipes from the book available, and directed her/him to the preview of the contents page on Amazon.com, and suggested she/he visit a free service, AllRecipes.com as a means of finding similar recipes. And, of course, I suggested she/he check out her/his local library.
As a responsible and ethical librarian, I felt I was able to offer the user a little bit of what she/he wanted, and where I lacked I offered her/him some alternative sources. Oh well.

1 comment:

  1. some get deleted. i have yet to figure out the rhyme or reason.

    ReplyDelete