Thursday, April 26, 2012

Race and Beauty

So, it's the internet, and when somebody asks why "whîte ppl" (and I'm not sure I understand the presence of the circumflex here, the word only one syllable long) want to prove that "their race" is the most beautiful, you can expect things to get ugly fast.  The thing is, there is no such thing as a stupid question, and I would wager that there are many out there who try to say that "white people" are the most beautiful.  So I tried to answer this question in terms of the social constructions of race and beauty.  I am glad I attempted my research before the conversation tended the way that it did.

I'm also excited that I found a really cool interactive website from PBS using the ipl2 tool we discussed in class. 

Here is the link to the question
Race and beauty


No comments:

Post a Comment